Step 1: Visit A Child’s Place School
- Plan a PERSONAL TOUR of the school–adults only–to learn about our programs and philosophy. We encourage you to see our school in action.
- OR attend an OPEN HOUSE (families welcome).
- OR skip straight to Step 2 (below) and bring your child for a classroom visit.
Step 2: Bring Your Child in for a Classroom Visit
All prospective students must attend a classroom visit as follows:
- Half Day Nursery and All Day Nursery (3-5 year olds): These are group visits planned for Friday afternoons at 1:30pm lasting one hour when current students have left for the day. The visiting children participate in a short time of working with materials with our teachers and enjoy a snack. Parents receive an overview, tour of our school and an opportunity to ask questions. Appointments are required–please REQUEST A VISIT.
- Primary Class (5-7 year olds): These are individual visits. First, parents only are invited in to attend a meeting with our director to receive an overview of our Primary program and have an opportunity to ask questions. An appointment is then made for the child to come and spend approximately two and one half days (Wed, Thurs, Fri) in the Primary classroom working with teachers and current students. REQUEST A VISIT.
Step 3: Complete Admissions Paperwork
- When your child comes to school for their classroom visit, you will be given an Enrollment Contract and Registration Form. If your child has previously attended another school you will also receive a Teacher Recommendation form
- Please complete and return all forms with a non-refundable $50 application fee and the applicable tuition deposit. (The tuition deposit is refundable up until your child is formally accepted–see Step 4 below)
- We encourage you to complete all three steps as early as possible. All requested paperwork and the deposit must be received in order to reserve your place on our list of applicants
Step 4: Notification of Acceptance
- The School begins filling classes in February, calling families in order of application. Once registration is confirmed the tuition deposit paid becomes non-refundable
- Applications received after February 1 will be processed within one week of receipt